My blog has moved!

You should be automatically redirected in 6 seconds. If not, visit
http://clickthegoodnews.com
and update your bookmarks.

Friday, October 5, 2007

FLOATING THE RIVER

Last Saturday, we headed up to New Braunfels to celebrate one of H's best friends 30th birthday. Since we had my sister's birthday dinner Friday night, we didn't take off for the River until Saturday morning. After 2.5 hours in the car, we arrived just as everybody was waking up from the party the night before. There were 10 of us staying in this little cabin they rented right on a canal.


The Texas hill country is gorgeous, and I'll save a whole post dedicated to the beauty of the Guadalupe River. After loading up all our gear (mostly booze!) and driving to the tube rental place, we finally hit the water around 1:30 in the afternoon. If you've never been tubing, let me tell you what you are missing!

You get a big gang of people together, loosely time some of the tubes together, make sure each of the multiple ice chests have their own tube & the lids are securely bungee-corded on, and GO! Lots of drinking, swimming, relaxing and a few little rapids.


My other camera was perfect. I tied it on my tube so I wouldn't loose it and tried to remember to wipe the water off the lens before taking pictures. The diminishing quality of the photos had nothing to do with my alcohol intake at all. ;)


At some point near the end, it started raining and one of the guys passed out. I must have thought wearing his hat hat would keep it dry (since it wouldn't fall in the river) and kept me dry from the rain (even though the hat would then get wet, and we were already wet from being in the river). We floated till almost 6 that evening, before heading back to the cabin for a fabulous steak dinner and some birthday cake.


GOOD NEWS OF THE DAY: I survived this trip down the river much better than I did on my float trips in my high school days.

4 comments:

Rhonda said...

Looks fun!!!

BTW...I tagged you : )

Courtney said...

How fun is that hey? We do that back home all the time.

a real librarian said...

OMG, that is so fun!!! That is one thing I am definitely doing next summer in MN!

Christy said...

Would you believe I've never been tubing and New Braunfels is sooo close?! Looks like fun!