My blog has moved!

You should be automatically redirected in 6 seconds. If not, visit
http://clickthegoodnews.com
and update your bookmarks.

Wednesday, October 3, 2007

NEIGHBORHOOD HORSES



This post will do nothing to kill the rumor that people in Texas ride horses everywhere and wear ten gallon hats. I was inspired by the beautiful horse photos of Ree at the Pioneer Woman, and I'd been running by these particular horses for years now. Go check out her blog too- it's pretty awesome.




So these particular horses are in an "unincorporated" neighborhood adjacent to mine. My running buddy and I regularly run past all the eclectic homes on our long runs. Since there are fewer rules & restrictions in this subdivision, many people have animals or other unusual things on their property.




Usually we run by in the early morning hours, and the horses are fenced up. However, I was lucky enough to catch them tied up outside their fence. I was on my way to my church class last Wednesday, and took a detour through this neighborhood.




I had such a blast on my mini-photo excursion. These horses weren't too sure of me, but I was able to use my zoom lens to get the camera closer to them.




Here's the bigger picture of these beautiful horses, just randomly tied up in this yard.


Next up from the photo-tour: an intrigue ding dead tree & my church.


GOOD NEWS OF THE DAY: Having my camera has opened my eyes to all the beauty in front of me everyday.

4 comments:

Mamacita Chilena said...

Those are gorgeous horses and really lovely photos...

I have been a fan of all things horse related since I was little. I even had horse wall paper! So this post takes me way back...

Christy said...

Beautiful horses, but I still won't get on another horse. I had an accident when I was in 4th grade (have a scar to remind me of the day).

Courtney said...

Wow thanks for giving me my horse fill for the day! Great eye pic!

Just Another Small Town Girl said...

Those are so pretty!!!!