My blog has moved!

You should be automatically redirected in 6 seconds. If not, visit
http://clickthegoodnews.com
and update your bookmarks.

Tuesday, October 16, 2007

FLASH CLASS



After Zoe scoffed at my previous flash skills, I decided to take a short night course on flash photography. Up until now, I'd had a deep rooted fear of the big monster flash. You can be labeled quite the loser on the photography forums if you mention anything besides "100% natural light".





We mostly learned how to operate our camera with our flash, taking numerous photos of this poor fake tulip along the way.




There's the very talented and great teacher, Kathy Adams Clark, demonstrating blurred motion of a long exposure with a flash. I've taken several classes from her, including the one that opened my eyes to the DSLR world. I'm still drooling over her Ireland and Costa Rico photo tours she offers- a girl can dream ;)





We learned a bit about bouncing the flash and using reflectors. Thrilling, eh?





So this is what a class of about 25 photography geeks looks like, with thousands of dollars of equipment, accessorized with fancy tripods and expensive flashes. Can you spot 11 cameras?





At the very end, we played with very long exposure (20 seconds), while Kathy doodled with a green flashlight on the dry erase board. Just a fun little photo, with a coll reflection on the window to end the night. Now I just need to get out and practice with my flash.



GOOD NEWS OF THE DAY: I can (hopefully) take better photos now in the winter with my flash.

1 comment:

Mamacita Chilena said...

I HATE using my flash. It scares me too :)

I hope you'll share what you learn on your blog!