My blog has moved!

You should be automatically redirected in 6 seconds. If not, visit
http://clickthegoodnews.com
and update your bookmarks.

Wednesday, October 10, 2007

PROGRESS KILLS



Again, with another view of my small world. I think this aerial photo from Google Earth was taken sometime last year. First of all, the red circle on the lower right corner is now a new Target, which sits next to a new Home Depot. The small blue arrow above it is also totally cluttered with strip mall now. The red arrow in the lower, center of the photo is also now a new small medical office complex. I've shown you what's happened to all the trees behind my house by the brown arrow, and the progress of the construction on ANOTHER medical office building, even showed you the construction from an airplane. See that pink arrow though? Let's look closer....




Isn't that some swell green space? A nice play where Zoe had gone to frolic and chase the birds. Well, it's about to be history too. I ignored the sign that went up months ago. I had hoped the developers had forgotten about the place or gone bankrupt. It's really going to be something else in my (extended) backyard. I hope they will at least leave a few trees along the bayou as a buffer.




Although this sign had been up for months, I decided I'd better grab a quick photo of it. This was taken 9/22. The tree-killers came quickly after....

GOOD NEWS OF THE DAY: I made it back safe & sound from Lake Charles, with photos.

No comments: