My blog has moved!

You should be automatically redirected in 6 seconds. If not, visit
http://clickthegoodnews.com
and update your bookmarks.

Monday, October 8, 2007

LIGHTROOM: Before & After





I've been so impressed with Adobe Lightroom, that I thought I'd share some magic of the program. I don't think it's completely fair that I'm taking credit for some of these great photos, when in fact, LR is doing it's magic behind the scenes. I always really appreciated it when photographers like Becker showed you their SOOC (straight out of camera) photos beside their final product.


My first B&A is from our recent float on the river. Since I had my little point & shot (and a little to drink), the colors and exposure weren't often very good and many of the shots were not level (blame it on floating!). Here's the magic that Lightroom was able to perform on a photo.




I also liked the post-processing I was able to do on the recent set of Zoe photos from a morning frolic in the park. It was still fairly early in the morning, so the sun wasn't very bright and I was using a fairly high ISO. I needed to keep my shutter speed up high since she's lightening fast. The photos were lacking lots of color, but LR was able to fix that.





I've also received some great feedback about my photos from the airplane. Since I'm shooting through a double paned window, layers of cloud and atmosphere, and lots of haze, the photo usually come out fairly dull and muted. I've been blown away with the detail and color that Lightroom has been able to salvage. Check out this photo from my Los Angeles fly over.








I took some cool photos of Lake Mead on my way to Vegas recently too, and these photos were stunning after I used some Lightroom magic on them.



Want to see more of the wonders of Lightroom? Check out my previous blog about it too.

I'm super excited about the newly released Adobe Photoshop Elements 6.0, so I'll be spending some time and probably dedicating some future blogs to that miraclous piece of software soon.


GOOD NEWS OF THE DAY: Not a great photographer yet, but Lightroom is sure picking up the slack.

3 comments:

Christy said...

WOW! I had no idea. That makes sense about the airplane photo because I was thinking how in the world is she getting such great shots! I bet all the Pros do this huh?! Thanx for sharing your secret! I still LOVE all of your photos! :)

April Ziegler said...

Thanks for sharing more LR info! Do you know if it does a lot more than CS? CS has all those sliders, but everyone raves about LR. And please tell me how you get those pretty blue skies =)

Mamacita Chilena said...

aaah yes the wonders of post processing :) I have yet to try Lightroom. I use Adobe Camera Raw...have you used that? If so, I'd love to hear the differences between the two to see if Lightroom would be worth switching over to!