My blog has moved!

You should be automatically redirected in 6 seconds. If not, visit
http://clickthegoodnews.com
and update your bookmarks.

Monday, October 1, 2007

WAY OUT WEST



The clouds were particularly amazing on my flight out to Vegas. There were high clouds and low clouds. Some near the ground and some above me. They were throughly fascinating to watch, but not too thrilling to photograph.



After many miles of fields, we entered the great deserts of the west. I was also treated to a great view of Lake Mead and Hoover Dam.

Back in the days of High School, I had written a lengthy paper about the construction of the Dam and how it impacted the area. It still looks so beautiful and amazing- I can't wait to go in person one day.

There is something very striking about the contrast between the big, bright fluffy clouds in the sky and the harsh, desolate vast swaths of desert below.

Flying East/West to Vegas ( and of course back home again) provided for some great light directly behind the plane. I had so much fun and took so many more photos of the mountains and desert.



Unfortunately, I didn't get to take any photos of our fabulous drive to Needles. There were even about a dozen fancy old time cars that could have stepped out of the movie Cars. I was too busy with the steering wheel, but I at least was able to enjoy the spectacular scenery. I did manage to take some fun shots at the Vegas airport though.
GOOD NEWS OF THE DAY: I survived a weekend partying like I was in college again!

1 comment:

Christy said...

Those are fab pics!