My blog has moved!

You should be automatically redirected in 6 seconds. If not, visit
http://clickthegoodnews.com
and update your bookmarks.

Monday, October 1, 2007

THE ART OF VEGAS AIRPORT



Since we (unfortunately) missed our flight, we had a few hours to kill until our late evening flight from the airport. Luckily, Vegas is a great place to be stranded. There are tons of great eats and swanky shops for browsing (no buying for me!).
And the ART......oh the great art.

It's eye-candy for my camera.




They had these amazing tile mosaics in our terminal where the shuttle train would let passengers exit. All of the major cities from around the world, with a clock of course. I only had the opportunity to grab a few. I didn't want to linger too long and get in trouble.




I assume these were drawings that school children submitted, showing their interpretation of the city. I recognize the famous pyramid of Luxor and the Sphinx, and I assume the castle represents the Excalibur hotel. The gondola is for the Venetian, the tall buildings must represent the famous New York, New York. This kid did a great job!




There were also these super cool sculpture of desert animals.




That's one HUGE scorpion!


GOOD NEWS OF THE DAY: What a great way to spend an afternoon 'working'.

1 comment: