My blog has moved!

You should be automatically redirected in 6 seconds. If not, visit
http://clickthegoodnews.com
and update your bookmarks.

Friday, October 19, 2007

FUN AT NIGHT

Last Friday, H had to work late. Instead of sitting at home pouting, I grabbed my camera and headed down to the museum district for some fun.
There is a beautiful (HUGE) bronze statue of General Sam Houston, who was a very prominent figure in the early days of Texas history. After the Texas Declaration of Independence, he fought in the Texas Army & was eventually one of our first Presidents of Texas.

The city of Houston was the original capital of Texas, and named in his honor.

Another part of the museum district the the beautiful Mecom fountain.

This set of 3 fountains is a part of my early memories of coming to the parks & museum as a child.



I had tons of fun playing around with my camera and taking some night photos. I can't wait to go downtown one night (not alone though!).
GOOD NEWS OF THE DAY: H (hopefully) doesn't have to work this Friday night.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

I love your photography! Keep it up! :) It makes me want to see Houston...my hubby is from there :)

a real librarian said...

Ohh, love those fountain pics!!

Courtney said...

IS that safe for you to be out alone at night??? Graet pics though