My blog has moved!

You should be automatically redirected in 6 seconds. If not, visit
http://clickthegoodnews.com
and update your bookmarks.

Wednesday, October 31, 2007

DENVER AIRPORT



Landing last week in Denver, I snagged a beautiful (near) full Moon as it was rising over the flat Colorado prairie at the airport.




The Denver airport (DIA) was opened in 1994, and the architecture is supposed to mimic the snow-covered peaks of the nearby Rockies. Besides being about 10 million miles from downtown Denver, it's actually a really nice airport.


The inside is bright & airy, with lots of great artwork around and a plethora of shops and restaurants. See more great photos & read some fun facts about DIA on wiki.



All in all, not the worst place ever to be stuck. I'm just glad I wasn't stuck and made my flight to Shreveport that night.



Although initial troubles with the automatic baggage caused the airport to be mocked as "Dead on Arrival", they appeared to have plenty of baggage handlers working on my plane. At least 3 more disappeared from this shot before I could capture the loading party.


GOOD NEWS OF THE DAY: Happy Halloween!

1 comment:

Rhonda said...

This is the airport I was stuck in for over 5 hours on my way back from MSP....and that was after circling it for 45 mins and then sitting on the runway for another hour. And the airport was jam packed with people.