My blog has moved!

You should be automatically redirected in 6 seconds. If not, visit
http://clickthegoodnews.com
and update your bookmarks.

Saturday, October 27, 2007

TECHNOLOGY TRENDS




While it may not seem too monumental, it's really quite a historical day in my dad's house. Are you ready for the BIG news??



They finally got cable! My father is a quite practical man, and really never saw the need to join the cable revolution. Discovering he could use the VCR remote to change the channels was a huge thrill for him. I believe he took some measure of joy in this refusal to be bullied by peer pressure, and I have no doubt the whole situation was plenty embarrassing to my brother and sister.



I must give him credit though. He's discovering this digital world, slowly but surely. He upgraded the TV a few years back and indulged in surround sound. He reluctantly started using the computer and even internet. When he tired of throwing the kids off the computer so he could use it, he bought them their own. When he tires of hearing them whine about sharing, he finally bought another so each kid could have a computer.




After multiple service calls, they have cable installed on all 4 TV's! I didn't even know about the forth one. Besides the living room and kids play room, there is also on in the kitchen & breakfast area. It's mostly watched while getting ready for dinner, the kids eating breakfast or for poker games. He did actually have to get rid of the OLD TV in the kitchen. It was so old, it wasn't even cable ready ;)
Who's that taking a picture?


WELCOME TO THE 1990's DAD!

GOOD NEWS OF THE DAY: I think I can teach him to use the DVR pretty quick (~maybe~).

2 comments:

Christy said...

Haha that's pretty funny. Good for your dad & Yay for the sibs for finally getting cable. :D

Courtney said...

I didn't get cable until I was 13 - now I feel like I missed out on so much! Congrats to the kids, and for your dad joining the 90's revolution