My blog has moved!

You should be automatically redirected in 6 seconds. If not, visit
http://clickthegoodnews.com
and update your bookmarks.

Tuesday, July 24, 2007

INTO THE MOUNTAINS



Another reason I love visiting Denver is enjoying breakfast with my Aunt & Uncle. They have a huge window in their breakfast area that overlooks their eden-like backyard. My uncle diligently plants a great garden every year, tends to all his flowers and feeds his own platoon of squirrels. On our dinner salad, we’d had green peppers and tomatoes from his Garden. He also has beets, squash and cucumbers all getting bigger everyday outside.









After a great breakfast and a tour of the backyard, H and I headed off to the mountains! Although I “few up” going to Denver to visit family and snow-skiing every winter, H had never been. This was an unspeakable horror to me and a proper introduction to the Rockies was a top priority for me since we’d met. We took I-70 west out of Denver to Dillon/Frisco where a kind soul offered to take this photo of us at a scenic overlook on Lake Dillon.



Upon arriving in Breckenridge & checking into our hotel, we decided to hit the slopes! No skiing right now, but we rented mountain bikes and were off like.....slugs. See- it was a mile uphill from the hotel to the bottom of the Peak 8 lift.



Though I've ridden chair lifts dozens of times, this was H's first trip. His minor freak out was only a small sample of the panic attacks he would have on the rest of the trip as I hauled him higher and higher in the Rockies. Only at the end of the ride did I bother to mention the safety bar you could put down if you wanted ;)














We enjoyed some great scenery on the ride up and I had a few good laughs.

GOOD NEWS OF THE DAY: We don't melt in the rain. (see tomorrow's blog ;)



1 comment:

Beach Bum Marcie said...

What a great blog...great pics!! You look so in the wilderness. :) Adventure seeker, I tell ya!! So glad you enjoyed it!