My blog has moved!

You should be automatically redirected in 6 seconds. If not, visit
http://clickthegoodnews.com
and update your bookmarks.

Wednesday, January 2, 2008

101 in 1001 Update

Given all the other review, preview and goal posts, I thought the new year would be a great time for an update since we are almost at 1 year of marriage. About 330 days down, and another 670 days to go!. On our honeymoon, last February in Cabo, we sat down and day-dreamed a list of 101 things we wanted to do in our first 1001 days of marriage.
DONE
14- H to start a 401(K) (the very last possible day of this year)
16- Start a journal (I began blogging in July 2007)
20- Subscribe to a magazine (H got a Newsweek subscription for Christmas)
26- Clean the carpet (mundane yes, but it's been done and will need to be done again)
31- Fondue with friends (how we celebrated our birthday last year)
34- Read a fiction novel (You can see that I've done that several times over)
40- Take a photography class (Done in June 2007, and you can see where that led!)
47- Run everyday for a month (did this, but might do it again)
54- Go to a small town fair & rodeo (did this with my parents)
57- Subscribe to a travel magazine (we really enjoyed Budget Travel)
62- Visit Alabama (great trip for Thanksgiving)
76- See Dave Matthews Band in Concert (lots of fun, we might do it again)
68- Redecorate our bedroom (bye bye pink!)
71- Give blood (I've been great about going every time I'm eligible again)
87- Go on a picnic (one of my favorite things to do and we've done it several times)

IN PROGRESS
12- Decorate H's office (has this ever been a work in progress!!??!?!?)
45- Camp at 3 New Parks (we did McKinney Falls, so 2 more to go)
48- Visit grandparents every week (I've been better, but not great about this)
50- Write and publish a technical paper (submitted and will be officially published soon)
51- Get Professional Engineering License (waiting to hear on my application, then the monster test)
63- Read a book together (We started a nice short one last night.)
72- Pay off debt (credit cards gone, my car is next and then keep working on our mortgages)
84- Rent 10 classic movies (we've joined Blockbuster Total access, so we've watched many movies)
90- Review monthly budget (we've been ok on tracking this, but will continue to do better)
101- Go to the driving range together (we've been a few times)

COMING SOON
~mostly seen on our 2008 Preview list~

1- Run a marathon together (can I convince him to do NY with me?)
7- South America Trip (we might do Argentina again and hit Peru!)
36- Volunteer for politics
46- New Orleans Jazz fest (hopefully in May)
65- Go to an art exhibit (National Geographic Photography exhibit is in town!)
69- Austin City Limits Music Festival (hopefully in September)
74- Do a good thorough spring cleaning

IF WE'RE LUCKY LIST
10- Start a garden
22- Install a sprinkler system
30- Plant some flowerbeds
37- Take Zoe to the beach
77- Upgrade the BBQ Grill
83- Go to a Houston Dynamo Game
88- Couples Massage
100- Visit the Messina Hof Winery
GOOD NEWS OF THE DAY: I'm officially registered for my Canadian Rockies photography workshop!

4 comments:

Courtney said...

I am so excited that you're coming to do the photography workshop & for a visit!

April Ziegler said...

Your 101 in 1001 list is so great! I saw your post about the photography workshop... Wow, it looks gorgeous. Can't wait to hear about it. And if you come to to east coast, let me know if you'll be stopping into the Philly area! =)

Rhonda said...

Your list is coming along nicely!!

Merrill said...

Hi, Amanda, thank you for including Messina Hof in your wish list. I would love to talk with you about it. Please email me at wine@messinahof.com. Sincerely, Merrill