My blog has moved!

You should be automatically redirected in 6 seconds. If not, visit
http://clickthegoodnews.com
and update your bookmarks.

Sunday, November 4, 2007

MY DAD THE FISHERMAN


This is just one wall in my dad's house where he keeps his prized possessions. The man CAN FISH. Before kids, he was able to fish 50-100 days a year, but history are those days of easy street and fun days. He only gets a chance to fish a few times a year now, but still really loves it.


These are the oldest mounted fish & I remember them from his first house. My step-mom actually caught one of them. I think these are all speckled trout, but he also catches red fish and trout quite often.



These are some others he caught. He swears his next project is a mounted stringer, with several fish together. He's won numerous contests, several boats, lots of money and been on the front of a few magazines with these silly fish ;)


This is an old photo of the kids, who loved to play in his old boat when he would have it at the house. He had this boat for over 20 years and I remember many trips fishing or water skiing on it. About 5 years ago, he traded his old faithful boat in for a new one when he won a boat in a fishing contest.



Look how happy and adorable those kids are!

I love my dad for so many reasons, most of all because he is a man of unquestionable character and I respect him more than anybody else that I know. It hasn't always been easy, but we've remained very close over the years, and as I appreciate his wisdom even more, our relationship has strengthened.


GOOD NEWS OF THE DAY: Here's hoping my dad has many more leisure days of fishing in his future.

1 comment:

April Ziegler said...

What a sweet tribute to your dad!