My blog has moved!

You should be automatically redirected in 6 seconds. If not, visit
http://clickthegoodnews.com
and update your bookmarks.

Friday, January 18, 2008

Family Flashback



So you may (or may not) have been amazed that I've had ACL surgery and still finished 5 marathons now. While scanning some old photos, I came across some fun stuff to share. This was taken Thanksgiving of 1995 in Brenham at my great-grandfather's house. I had my big surgery just a few days before the holiday & still managed to play with my little brother in the leaves. Don't let the leg brace fool you- I bend over like that even when I don't have it!




This stellar 4 generation photo was taken the same day, and as you can tell, I was suffering through one of many fashion crises that would haunt me during high school. My great grandfather, Otto, would have been about 94 in this photo and my sister would have been about 2 months.




Thanks to the great legacy of Olan Mills, I found this photo of my great-grandfather circa 1980. I'm not really sure why an 80 year old man was taking portrait shots, but I'm glad he did. He was a pretty swell man.




I'm assuming that this fabulous photo of my grandparents was also taken at the same time, although that sporty 3 piece suit screams 1970's.




I also came across this photo which caused me much grief and trauma. I was reminded of the valiant tree of my childhood days that no longer stands at my old house. I had painful flashbacks to junior high days of braces and awful fashion.

GOOD NEWS OF THE DAY: The trip down memory lane is both brutal and cathartic.....

2 comments:

Christy said...

Ha-- I remember Olan Mills!
Nice pics. Our pics from years back always freak me out. We all change and we all go through some sort of fashion crisis.

~Danialle said...

LOVE the old photos! I actually have an olan mills picture of me and my grandma on my mantle :)