My blog has moved!

You should be automatically redirected in 6 seconds. If not, visit
http://clickthegoodnews.com
and update your bookmarks.

Monday, January 14, 2008

Happy Birthday Dad!



Happiest of happy birthdays to my wonderful, amazing, loving father! I wanted to take a trip down memory lane in honor of his birthday. The above photo is my dad (left) with his brothers and sisters. This is a fairly iconic picture to me, as it hung in my grandparents house, over their TV my entire life, and it now hangs at my dad's house.



This next jewel of a photo is significant for many reasons, not the least of which is that it was my mom's senior prom and the night dad proposed to her. I have very few pictures of them together, and I am actually very annoyed that I can't find the one and only photo I have of the 3 of us together.



I scanned a whole bunch of film photos this past weekend, so expect more trips down memory lane & lots of orange date codes. This was us in 1994 at my 8th grade awards night.



Must have been the same roll of film, but this awesome photo is typical of many of my memories of my father. My brother was just a few months old, and they were living in their old house with the awesome 70's decorating everywhere.




As you can tell, my dad was super excited about my high school graduation in 1998 and my step-mom even had a shirt with my photo on it made for him!




Sometime in the next few years, he lost the full beard, and this was us at my college graduation in December of 2002.


Finally, we went out Saturday night before the big marathon to celebrate his birthday.


I love you very much dad, and I am so proud of you and I'm always inspired by your dedication to the Lord and your tremendous character. I wish you many happy fishing days ahead!


GOOD NEWS OF THE DAY: My father is no doubt one of the most amazing men I've ever known and I'm so blessed to be able to call him dad.

2 comments:

Rhonda said...

Happy Birthday Amanda's dad!!!

BTW...I love the trips down memory lane. I really need to start scanning pics and doing some of my own.

Christy said...

Great pics of your family!
Happy Birthday Amanda's dad!
I really need to scan our pics.