My blog has moved!

You should be automatically redirected in 6 seconds. If not, visit
http://clickthegoodnews.com
and update your bookmarks.

Tuesday, January 22, 2008

Alpine Symphony


Saturday night was date night for us & we started off at a fabulous sushi bar in the River Oaks area called Rickshaw Far East Bistro. Great food & excellent service, and they had a neat bar area that looked like it would get packed later at night.
Then we headed downtown to see Alpine Symphony by Richard Strauss. The Houston Symphony has a great initiative to combine sight & sound called the Alpine Symphony with images by photographer Tobias Melle of Berchtesgaden Alps in Bavaria, Germany.


The first half of the show was music only, so I was really anticipating the second half filled with amazing photos. I guess I'm not at cultured and sophisticated as I'd like to believe, because I just wasn't blown away by the music or the alpine photos. There were some really nice shots, but very few that wowed me. It did however excite me even more to head to Banff this fall and take my own photos of the majestic Canadian Rockies.

GOOD NEWS OF THE DAY: Off to Denver this afternoon!

No comments: