My blog has moved!

You should be automatically redirected in 6 seconds. If not, visit
http://clickthegoodnews.com
and update your bookmarks.

Sunday, January 27, 2008

Downtown Denver

I hopped on an early afternoon flight on Tuesday in hopes of arriving in Denver with a little time to tour downtown and have some camera fun. My flight landed a little after 4 and I made my way downtown just before 5. I forgot to account for traffic and early winter sunsets.

I slowly approached this beautiful church for about 30 minutes as I sat in traffic and inched closer to the golden-domed capital. I again had the opportunity to drive (stopped at many red lights) and photograph with my rearview mirror blocking some shots. Not ideal, but I wasn't ready to get out in the 15 degree weather either.

This church looked gorgeous and had some amazing details around it, but this was the best I could capture from my red-light vantage point in the early dusk.
I had wanted to stop and take some photos of the great capital building, but after sitting in traffic for an hour, I just didn't care anymore. The sun had set, I would have to park and it was COLD. So the best I could do was this drive-by shot and hope to come back again some other time.
GOOD NEWS OF THE DAY: Our tickets to Detroit in April are booked. Motown here we come!

No comments: