My blog has moved!

You should be automatically redirected in 6 seconds. If not, visit
http://clickthegoodnews.com
and update your bookmarks.

Thursday, January 3, 2008

By the Numbers


Cause I'm having so much fun with all my year-end cataloging and documenting for posterity! Here's what my blog page looked like at the beginning of January. I really don't do much with it because I so rarely go directly to blogs. I use the super-duper Google Readers, so I just assume everybody else must too. With all 7,762 page views, I like to think I'm spreading some pink happiness around the world.



Literally around the world, as I have some regular blog readers in Europe and get lots of random search engine hits from South America and Asia.




I use Stat Counter to occasionally monitor traffic and why people are coming to visit my blog. I've got a pretty regular group of loyal readers. I can see that most of my blogs on Lightroom and various things you can make your photos super-cool are ofter discovered via Google.



As of January 1, I had published over 300 blog posts in 2007 since I started blogging away on Monday July 23rd. After my 40 day devotion, I had many on faith, lots of the married life, tons of travel blogs and the always-most-popular Zoe posts.




On to photography, according to Lightroom and my nifty sequential numbering system on my super swell Nikon D80, I can tell you I took 7,025 photos in 2007 since I received my prized camera and Lightroom has about 6,400 of them tracked. You can see my first photos ever with the camera, were of course Zoe and her favorite toy.



Now, my other camera, that I sneak into concerts and carry with me 24/7 has also had a great year, taking over 3,000 photos this year (hundreds at our wedding and on our honeymoon). We bought the camera in June of 2006, right before we went on our scouting trip to Puerto Vallarta. You can see some of the first photos here, of the total 4,000 photos from this camera that are cataloged in Lightroom.



Just to brag some more on how awesome my Garmin Forerunner 301 GPS watch is, I can tell you that I ran more than 640 miles in 2007. I didn't do much running last January after the marathon and before the wedding, but I'm sure I logged a few more miles. I managed to do a short run in Puerto Vallarta the morning of the wedding, but my Garmin was stolen on our flight to Cabo. So I lost some running data there.

GOOD NEWS OF THE DAY: All these numbers make me so excited.

3 comments:

Courtney said...

I would love to add that feature to my blog! I like seeing myself on the map there!

Me... said...

I don't see myself on the map? Maybe since I usually only use googlereader?

Well anyways, you have a devote Kansas reader!

Liza on Maui said...

More blogging to you! Great report/stats. You're a blessing to us all.

Oh I just noticed the comment about the map. I better check if Hawaii is marked ;)