My blog has moved!

You should be automatically redirected in 6 seconds. If not, visit
http://clickthegoodnews.com
and update your bookmarks.

Thursday, August 16, 2007

GRILL MASTER

Look at those juicy drinkings from many a glorious BBQ-past! I like to grill for a few reasons. Mostly because I have to cook less ;) But I also love seeing my stud-muffin out there in charge of the grill. Although she may appear to be an ordinary, cheapest-we-could-buy propane grill, many a feast has come from those flames.

Funny grill story: After buying the house about 2 years ago, we decided to invite my family over for a little "house warming" so they could see the place. We're going to have our signature fajitas (although this would be the first time we'd actually made them), and I assumed I'd just pick up a cheapo grill from Home Depot. I'd seen hundreds of them there just a few weeks ago.

Well, of course we get to a few days before the big dinner and I go to buy a grill- NONE IN SIGHT! I frantically started calling friends and (other) family to see if we could borrow theirs. I checked all the Home Depot's and Lowe's around, and was so relieved when I found out that good old Sears was still selling them in August- already assembled too!

I'll have to save the story of how that evening went for a whole different blog ;)


From our kitchen, I can look out the back windows and watch my master of the grill. I start drooling and getting impatient after a while. Then he delivers the goods and I almost always nearly lose a finger when I can't resist the urge to grab a sample while he's still carving.


GOOD NEWS OF THE DAY: You can grill year-round in Houston.

1 comment:

Courtney said...

You can grill year round in Canada too - you just have the brush the snow off the bbq!