My blog has moved!

You should be automatically redirected in 6 seconds. If not, visit
http://clickthegoodnews.com
and update your bookmarks.

Saturday, January 19, 2008

Downtown Construction

Last Saturday, before the Marathon, we headed downtown to the big Race Expo to pick up my packet and race bib. The economy in Houston is amazing. There is so much construction & growth going on- I just wish it wasn't in my backyard.

It was such a beautiful Saturday, but the cranes and workers will still going. At least the new building looks sort of pretty. We've got our fair share of 1970's icky-oil buildings already.

The Hilton Americas Hotel is pretty new, and the official host hotel for the marathon. We stayed race night there last year, and it's so awesome to roll out of bed and run. That ex ta hour of sleep is really nice.

The top floor has a super-swank bar and a swimming pool with the best view in town, you can even watch the moonrise.


If any of you have the overwhelming joy & privilege of coming to Houston for a convention or meeting, you will probably be gathering up here at the George R. Brown Convention center. Besides the marathon expo every year, I think the only other time I've been inside was to the boat show.
I thought I'd indulge H just a bit since he was going to take care of me all day on marathon day. He's been wanting a new car and we decided we'd wait until the end of 2008 to get him one. He's been wanting this snazzy little BMW X5, so we went and checked them out. He's not 100% decided yet, but they are super-sweet cars!
GOOD NEWS OF THE DAY: My PE application is finished with the administrative review and is now in the technical review process.

2 comments:

Christy said...

Nice shots of the Houston buildings. I've been to some graduations at the GRB convention center and some functions for United Way.
Dan has a 2002 X5. I really like the new X5's, but Dan doesn't. :\
We're excited about the new X6 coming out--it's so nice! Have you seen it?

Rob said...

You’re a great photographer! What kind of camera do you use?