My blog has moved!

You should be automatically redirected in 6 seconds. If not, visit
http://clickthegoodnews.com
and update your bookmarks.

Monday, January 7, 2008

Happy Birthday John!

It's going to be one of those busy birthday months!
I dug out some old photos to pay homage to my step-dad on his big 60th birthday. The above photo, in my old neighborhood, typified my memories of growing up with him. He was always the guy that would do fun stuff with me- take me to the park or take me to "practice" driving or take me for ice cream.

I love this photo in our old house, taken Christmas of 1993, with all the memories that flood back with it- especially of the wonderful dogs I grew up with. Obie was a Shih Tzu dad gave me for my 3rd birthday and Max was John's valentine's day present. He might even be a puppy in that photo. I remember that stereo and all those posters, the ugly wicker chairs and we still have those stuffed gingerbread man decorations.
This photo was taken on a vacation to South Padre Island, I'm thinking the early '90s. I got to take a friend and hang out with my way cool older, male cousins at the beach. Life was good....
This old Polaroid was taken on my birthday in 1996, when my parents threw me an awesome party. Yea, I had older friends that were 21 and my mom let me hang out with them. I don't know what she was thinking!?!?! ;)


Although John's dad lives in Oklahoma, he made it down for regular visits before getting into his late 80's. This is the two of them at my high school graduation in May of 1998.

This is one of the few family photos that we have of mom, John and I. It was taken in front of our old house the morning before my high school graduation.

H and I went over to their house yesterday after church to celebrate with some homemade gumbo. I really can't even being to explain what an impact John has had on my life since he & mom were married almost 20 years ago. He had been more patient and kind with me than anybody else I know, and it's only as I get older that I'm fully able to understand how much he loved me and how much I love him.
HAPPY BIRTHDAY JOHN!

GOOD NEWS OF THE DAY: I couldn't have asked for a better step-dad!

1 comment:

Courtney said...

Can I just say that in your highschool graduation photo, you look older than you do now!
Dressed all grown-up!!!