My blog has moved!

You should be automatically redirected in 6 seconds. If not, visit
http://clickthegoodnews.com
and update your bookmarks.

Monday, January 14, 2008

Marathon Recap

This was our neighborhood running gang inside the convention center before we headed out to the start line.

We had a wave start this year & it was probably more organized than ever. However, that didn't keep me from losing my running buddies. I quickly decided that one group was taking off too fast, so I thought I'd go a bit slower and wait for the 3 other women to pass me. I must have missed them though because by my first meet up with H, they were in front of me somehow.

The Houston Marathon is a great race- it's really gaining in popularity and selling out every year. It's usually fairly cool, very flat and pretty scenic. We run around Rice University and the museum district. You might remember those fountains and we ran by our Brazilian restaurant too.

We go through the Galleria and some super-swank neighborhoods, before the final home stretch down Memorial Drive though the Park and into beautiful downtown.

This was my 4th and final meet up with H, about mile 23. It's going to be OK if I can eek out a smile.
He caught me crossing the finish line!

You must raise your hands in the victory pose for the cameras. That time is for the elite runners who started 10 minutes ahead of us.

I was feeling pretty beat up! I usually sit down inside for a minute or two before heading outside to meet up with friends and family. However, I was so sore and exhausted, I knew I would never be able to stand up again. So, I headed for the first sunny curb when I got outside. Check out my ACL scar and my kicking step-mom sipping on a post-race beer!

Us with my wonderful MIL, who was co-pilot to my husband, trying to make sure he arrived at all the appropriate meet up points with all the correct food and supplies. They did a great job!



This was the whole gang last night after we'd chowed down on some awesome BBQ my dad has smoked and eaten ever fattening, high calorie food with lots of drinks to wash it down. It's great to chat with everybody and talk about all the fun things from the marathon and meet them all dressed up and not in running gear.
GOOD NEWS OF THE DAY: I can move today, but barely!

4 comments:

April Ziegler said...

Congrats! Great job... I don't know how you do it. Makes me tired just thinking about it =)

Rhonda said...

Great Job Amanda!!!

Christy said...

Again--you rock! I could NEVER do a marathon. You've got some pretty great supporters around you!

Amanda said...

Congratulations!! You are awesome!