My blog has moved!

You should be automatically redirected in 6 seconds. If not, visit
http://clickthegoodnews.com
and update your bookmarks.

Friday, January 25, 2008

My Reduced World



I've showed you what fun and distracting things lie outside of my work window, but you've never seen the full glory of my office. It's the typically messy, mad engineer mixed with the crazy paperwork and paper over-load of a legal office. It sucks when I come to work before sunrise, so I just leave the windows shut until I get distracted by a beautiful sunrise.



Just like where's waldo; find the following: my briefcase, my camera bag, casebook for upcoming trial, casebook for upcoming deposition, wedding picture, Stephanie picture, water bottle, marathon frame, low-carb cinnamon bagels I eat every morning, drawer on 29 year old credenza that stays open all the time, all my receipts and printouts for our Brazil trip, 12 post-it notes with lists for today, yesterday and tomorrow, and a VHS video. I'm not even showing you 3 shelves stacked with various projects and case books and folders and models and cans of soup and a case of Coke Zero Vanilla and my radio and a candle and a dead African violet.




No more Saturdays at wine bars or afternoons on a photo field trip for a while. I'll be spending every free minute studying all these lovely books for my big PE test in April. The binder contains a print out of the 16 PowerPoint presentations that go with the 16 DVD's to review 4 years worth of college. I've got the semi-official Reference Manual, along with 500 solved sample problems. My flashcard set didn't make it into the picture, I've got another book of solved problems and even a freaking book to tell me how to use my new calculator. I have no idea how to use a RPN calculator. I've used a fabulous graphic TI-83 (type) calculator since the 7th grade, and this engineering calculator is throwing me for a loop! I still need to buy more reference books for specific subject areas. Yup...this is going to be my reduced world for the next 2 months!


GOOD NEWS OF THE DAY: The pretty princess wallpaper border secretly make me happy on the inside.

No comments: