My blog has moved!

You should be automatically redirected in 6 seconds. If not, visit
http://clickthegoodnews.com
and update your bookmarks.

Wednesday, January 30, 2008

More Marathon Mania

I'm going to extend the marathon glory a wee-bit more. First, above is the snapshot from my never-without-it running buddy, the Garmin Forerunner. That's what a 26 mile tour of Houston looks like!

It was pretty good throughout the race except for mile 11- something went wrong. The exact mileage was off, but I think it was less than a mile. I think it's funny that I was so close to other runners the first few miles that it was picking up other people's heart rate monitor signals.

This is a professional picture of me looking awful and for which I refuse to pay $30. You can see all my running gear in all of it's glory. In case you are curious, I ate peanut M&M's and Gardetto's Garlic Rye chips to replenish the 3,100 calorie I burned.


This was soft of a fun group shot early in the race. I"m thinking it was about the 10K mark, while the half-marathon runners were still running with us. I'm in the left left hand corner.
GOOD NEWS OF THE DAY: 1 week till we leave!

5 comments:

Courtney said...

Wow, you're wearing a TON of gear! Congrats on your great finish!

Courtney said...

Wow, you're wearing a TON of gear! Congrats on your great finish!

Rhonda said...

You're my hero....I wish that I could do that but alas, I can barely run across the street.

Christy said...

You're my hero too. That's gotta be tough. And yep, that's a lot of running gear! :)

Liza on Maui said...

oh I want ot run a marathon again (I'm one of those who can only do the half marathon ;)