My blog has moved!

You should be automatically redirected in 6 seconds. If not, visit
http://clickthegoodnews.com
and update your bookmarks.

Saturday, January 12, 2008

Houston Marathon



I'm off at the crack of down to pound out 26.2 miles around the great city of Houston! This will be my 5th time to run the Houston Marathon, and hopefully I will log my 4th finish this year. You can sign-up for runner alerts if you know my first and last name and want to track my progress and make sure I don't die.



In 2007, I finished the marathon with a new PR (personal record) and my first sub-5 hour marathon! I didn't get sick and finished in 4:49, feeling great! It was almost 30 minutes better than my chip time of 5:18 in 2006. And when I gave up at mile 13 in 2005, after having already thrown up a few times!




The first year I actually ran the Houston Marathon in 2004, I finished in 5;08 and ran the whole way with my favorite running buddy, my step-mom Brenda.




My first marathon was in February of 2003- just after my graduation. I ran the Austin Marathon, back when it was called the Motorola Marathon. My mom drove up to be my support crew and carried me home from the finish line after 5 hours and 45 minutes of agony and puking.

GOOD NEWS OF THE DAY: My husband has taken over the duties of road crew and will be providing me with mini-Oreo's & peanut M&M's every few miles.

2 comments:

Christy said...

GL tomorrow! I will be cheering you on from home. :)

Rhonda said...

I don't know how you do it...I would love to run but just can't manage to do it.