My blog has moved!

You should be automatically redirected in 6 seconds. If not, visit
http://clickthegoodnews.com
and update your bookmarks.

Friday, August 24, 2007

LIGHTROOM TO THE RESCUE


Just had to post another rave review of Lightroom. When reviewing my photos for the Ecuador Review post, I wondered how much my new fangled software could help my 3 year old photos taken with a rather archaic P&S camera.


I was totally BLOWN AWAY by the amount of fixing I was able to do with LR. It has numerous sliders and controls that let you tweak every area of development on a photograph. The other cool feature is the Before/After Comparison that lets you instantly see where the pictured started vs. it's current state.



There are several Before/After viewing options, including side-by-side or top-bottom. Looks like I could have straightened this one more- oops!




You can also do full version portrait or landscape comparisons of a photos.


LR even lets you expose photos +/- 4 stops. I was playing around on my camera with the largest aperture (f/5.0 on my 18-200mm) and the slowest shutter speed I could use handheld (1/45 sec) to see what happens. Obviously a very dark, underexposed photo. I was able to correct much of the exposure issues in LR. The photo is very noisy and obviously not properly exposed, but it salvaged what was an unusable photo.

GOOD NEWS OF THE DAY: Today's techonology can help us fix past mistakes.

No comments: