My blog has moved!

You should be automatically redirected in 6 seconds. If not, visit
http://clickthegoodnews.com
and update your bookmarks.

Thursday, August 30, 2007

HAPPY BIRTHDAY HOUSTON

If you don't know anything about my home town, let me take a few minutes to share with you about the fabulous city of Houston. The Bayou City is the 4th largest city (behind NY, LA & Chicago) and the largest city in the great state of Texas. I didn't take the photo above, but I took the ones below!


The city was founded on this day in 1836 on one of the prominent Bayou's in the city. It was named after Sam Houston- a great leader in the Texas Revolution. Around the turn of the 20th century oil was discovered near here and after Galveston was wiped off the map by a hurricane, Houston gained prominence as a major port in the south.

If you ever come to visit, we've got some nice parks, world-class museums and the Johnson Space Center (NASA). Hopefully you won't have to visit the very renowned Medical Center here, but if you want a job- there are tons in the energy and financial sector here. The cost-of-living is CHEAP, I mean really cheap. My friends turn green with envy when I show them how cheap housing is here.


All this info thanks to Wikipedia, and no thanks to the year of Texas History I was required to take in 7th grade. I have vague recollections of Indians and cowboys from that class- that's about it. Oh, and I was required to take a Texas course in college to graduate, and I remember zippo from that one.

When Stephanie was here, I had a mini-field day with my camera when we went downtown. So enjoy a few of my first architectural photos & HAPPY BIRTHDAY HOUSTON!

GOOD NEWS OF THE DAY: It's rain a LOT, a LOT LOT, here in Houston this summer. No floods and no watering the lawn.

1 comment:

Sarah said...

Happy Birthday :) hehe...see you soon Houston! Oh...and you too Amanda!!!