My blog has moved!

You should be automatically redirected in 6 seconds. If not, visit
http://clickthegoodnews.com
and update your bookmarks.

Sunday, August 26, 2007

GO GOOGLE SIGHTSEEING


Go sightseeing around the world with a bird's eye view without ever leaving your laptop. Doesn't that picture just make you want to go to Machu Pichu? I think I might skip the Inca Trail if I have to hike all these switchbacks!
One of the fun things on my Google Reader feed is the Google Sightseeing blog with crazy and interesting aerial photos from Google Earth. Learn more about the awesomeness that is Google Reader in my blog review. Check out these manatee's swimming in FL.

Aerial photos include aircraft, bridges, buildings, crowds, islands, LARGE things, mazes, monuments, movie locations, national wonders, other vehicles, shadows, space craft, stadiums, street views, structures, theme parks, towers, watercraft and just weird. Before you complain about your daily commute, check out this traffic jam in Baghdad.

You can also search by region or map to find things that have been featured near you. Of interest to me lately, this blog about a double decker bus with some great aerial photos.


Or this car & train wreck:

However, any reader of Google Sightseeing will realize that many of the sites featured are actually mock-ups. These are both training areas, and often sets for movies are featured. The other nice feature of GS is the entry will also post links to relevant information. With quick links to sources and additional information, you can always get a quick history or geography lesson.

Above is the Google Earth for my house, when you can see my former favorite tree and all the other trees that have since died an unfortunate death. Yup, I totally live in yuppie suburbia in a boring neighborhood. I wish more of my neighbors had pools!

GOOD NEWS OF THE DAY: They didn't snap this photo the day I was sunbathing nude in the backyard.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Hey, thanks for the write-up. Glad you enjoy the site, keep reading! Cheers, James