My blog has moved!

You should be automatically redirected in 6 seconds. If not, visit
http://clickthegoodnews.com
and update your bookmarks.

Sunday, November 25, 2007

DAY 11 WITH THE SON

I'm taking the 40 days leading up the Christmas to focus on the life of Jesus and do a mini-reflection. I'm following along with Liza on her special blog called 40 Days with the Son, based on the Max Lucado book 3:16.


Here is how to join us in reflection of the spirit of this upcoming holiday season.



We're still in the part of the Gospels that tells about Jesus life before he started he stated his public ministry of preaching and teaching.
Titled Almighty- Not High & Mighty: "Both Jesus and His disciples were invited to the wedding - John 2:2 (NKJV)

Urgh..I had typed out like 3 paragraphs and Blogger didn't save it. Guess that means I should write something else!

This passage caused me to reflect on how my husband and I invited Jesus to our wedding- more specifically to be the foundation and cornerstone of our marriage. It was important for both of us to feel comfortable going into the marriage that we were both in the same book of beliefs and that we were both headed in the same direction spiritually. We struggled with the fact that we weren't both on the same page and at exactly the same point in our faith, but we realized it was more important that we were both on the same track and going to the same conclusion.


We've also made Jesus a very important part of our marriage- we attend church together every week and we pray together before meals. We are also looking for a place to be in part of a small group of believers at church and spend more time studying the Bible. I know it is faith that will keep our commitment to our marriage strong and prayer is the best defense against the forces that try to destroy marriage.


GOOD NEWS OF THE DAY: God has blessed us richly in our marriage the first 10 months and I pray that having Jesus as a fundamental part of our marriage will continue to protect and strengthen our bond.

2 comments:

Liza on Maui said...

a cord of three strands lasts forever :) - I am glad to hear Jesus is in your marriage.

* Our blog "40 Days" seems to be having a technical problem tonight - it's taking a very long time to download the pages - it's getting stuck. My Liza's Eyeview blog does not have the same problem so it couldn't be just our server. My only guess is that satan is trying to stop us from continuing it. I noticed in your post that you too had some technical problem about the 3 paragraphs not posting. Hay!

thank you for being faithful in posting your thoughts. You're an encouragement more than you know...

Unknown said...

As a "not so newlywed," I just want to encourage to be diligent to keep Christ at the center of your marriage. As your lives get busier, it will be easy to put that spiritual connection down on the list of priorities rather than at #1. I have always told my hubby that I want him to love God more than he loves me, and if that ever changes, we need to talk!

We don't always have a devotional time together, but we love to share what God is saying from our individual quiet times. That helps keep our focus in the right place. And no, you don't need to be in the same place spiritually. Just on the same train! And it sounds like you are!

Have a blessed day.