My blog has moved!

You should be automatically redirected in 6 seconds. If not, visit
http://clickthegoodnews.com
and update your bookmarks.

Thursday, November 1, 2007

HOUSTON'S VIETNAM VETERAN'S PARK



Last Friday, on my way home from Beaumont, I was able to stop and see The Moving Wall, which as on display at Houston's Vietnam Veteran's Park. This is a fairly new park to Houston, and across town from my normal running around.




I'm really glad I stopped by to remember and honor all those military men and women who served our country during such a tragic war.




There were several very tall pillars, with beautiful glass mosaics depicting various aspect of the Vietnam War.






Near the memorial pillars, is a large tile depiction of the earth, surrounded by various brass insignias of groups that were associated with the war. Flags from the various branches were flying and a volunteer was reading names of the deceased over the loudspeaker.




I'll post more photos of the Iraq & Afghanistan Memorial and the Moving Wall display on Veteran's Day.

GOOD NEWS OF THE DAY: After such a bitter war, I'm happy to see the public finally giving the veterans their due respect and honor for the sacrifices they made.

No comments: