My blog has moved!

You should be automatically redirected in 6 seconds. If not, visit
http://clickthegoodnews.com
and update your bookmarks.

Saturday, November 24, 2007

DAY 10 WITH THE SON

I'm taking the 40 days leading up the Christmas to focus on the life of Jesus and do a mini-reflection. I'm following along with Liza on her special blog called 40 Days with the Son, based on the Max Lucado book 3:16.

Here is how to join us in reflection of the spirit of this upcoming holiday season.



We're still in the part of the Gospels that tells about Jesus life before he started he stated his public ministry of preaching and teaching.


Titled Bifocals and Binoculars: "We have found the Messiah."- John 1:41


What a simple, yet profound statement that the Savior, our Messiah is found. The Jewish people had been waiting and watching and wanting for their Messiah for hundreds of years. Only certain people of that time recognized and accepted that Jesus was the Messiah. I find it ironic that on Jesus cross, the charge for which he was being crucified was written, King of the Jews. It was an attempt to mock his claims, but they were indeed words of truth. He was the King, the Messiah.


It gives me great peace in my life to claim those words, that I have “found the Messiah”. Although I was brought up in a church and taught the basics of Christianity, I have spent the last few years of my life in a much deeper study. I needed to verify for myself these claims that were given to me, to have all my questions about life answered and to internalize these truths to which I now believe strongly. I have gained a much greater understanding of the other religions of the world, and I have been confronted with all the arguments that doubters have about the authenticity of Christianity. However, instead of being pulled away from my faith by the questions of this world, I have grown stronger in my convictions about the Truth revealed in the Bible and it’s promise of eternal life for whoever believes in the Son.

GOOD NEWS OF THE DAY: More beautiful weather and good times in Alabama- going for an excursion today.

No comments: