My blog has moved!

You should be automatically redirected in 6 seconds. If not, visit
http://clickthegoodnews.com
and update your bookmarks.

Friday, November 16, 2007

DAY 2 WITH THE SON

I'm taking the next 40 days leading up the Christmas to focus on the life of Jesus and do a mini-reflection. I'm following along with Liza on her special blog called 40 Days with the Son, based on the Max Lucado book 3:16.


Here is how to join us in reflection of the spirit of this upcoming holiday season.


Today's verse is Luke 2:7 and it tells us about Jesus arrival into this world.

Titled Mary Cradles God: " And she gave birth to her firstborn, a son. She wrapped him in clothes and placed him in a manger, because there was no room for them in the inn." - Luke 2:7

My first reaction to this passage is to remember how spoiled we are today. How when children are born, they have thousands of dollars worth of cloths and furniture and decorations awaiting them at home. Babies born today have never had it so good- at least in America. Extending that metaphor, we as adults are spoiled rotten and rarely realize how often we medicate our emotional and psychological problems with material goods. The verse is a reminder to all Christians about the humble birth of our Savior, and it was only through his humility that he was able to reach people- not through fancy dinner parties or a big SUV or designer clothes.
However, I reflect upon the thousands of babies that still face these conditions. That are born in developing countries without food or water or shelter. The hundreds of babies and children that die everyday from disease and hunger. We as Christians are called to care about those babies and I think this verse can remind us to make room at our inn of the pocketbook for trying to find shelter and food for those families living in poverty.


GOOD NEWS OF THE DAY: God has blessed me tremendously in financial and material ways, and I hope in the future I can continue to pass the blessings I've received along to others.

2 comments:

Liza on Maui said...

It gave me goosebumps reading your insights on Day 2. coming from the Philippines, I have seen firsthand the poverty that many babies were born into. Living on America for 13 years now, I could see the difference.

Jesus being born in a manger is like saying to those poverty sticken babies and families - I know what it feels.. trust me, believe in me .. i have greater plans for you...

Now I am thinking, what can I do this Christmas season to help some poor kids ...I'd think about this more...

Amanda said...

What a great idea! I am going to join as well. I like hearing your thoughts :)