My blog has moved!

You should be automatically redirected in 6 seconds. If not, visit
http://clickthegoodnews.com
and update your bookmarks.

Monday, November 26, 2007

DAY 12 WITH THE SON

I'm taking the 40 days leading up the Christmas to focus on the life of Jesus and do a mini-reflection. I'm following along with Liza on her special blog called 40 Days with the Son, based on the Max Lucado book 3:16.



Here is how to join us in reflection of the spirit of this upcoming holiday season.



Titled Just Call Her Grace: "He knows me inside and out." John 3:49

I've read and thought about today's passage and I just really couldn't get into it. All of my previous readings & reflections have sparked some type of reaction and deeper thoughts. As I went through my day, I tried to think about the literal title of the chapter, being called Grace, and the verse of Jesus knowing us inside and out, not necessarily the larger context of the woman at the well.


I had a long, stressful day and I think I especially needed the title of Grace. Normally, I'm pretty much a klutz and totally non-graceful in the physical sense, I don't often ponder grace in the spiritual sense. I woke up at 4:45 (eastern time!) and instead of H just hopping on the hotel shuttle to the airport, he called up to me to drop him off. I frantically threw on my clothes, dashed out into the cold rain and battled the airport monsters to drop him off for his flight back to Houston. I headed back to the hotel to finish packing & drive across Atlanta for my seminar.


My morning went downhill from there. In the dark, rainy morning I drove about half way across the city when I realized I didn't have my camera with me. I just about had a panic attack, then slowly tried to re-trace our steps and tried to convince myself that I just left it in the hotel room. I pulled over and spent a few minutes making phone calls to get the hotel phone number and then leaving a message pleading with them to please find my precious camera. Continuing my cross-city trek, I arrived in the area near my seminar and missed the turn-off the road into the building and accidentally turned back onto the freeway. What a mistake! About 6 miles to the next exit, then bumper to bumper traffic back in the direction I needed to go for my class. Normally, I'm pretty calm, cool and collected about all sorts of situations. However, I know nothing that will getting me more agitated, panicked and generally flipped out than being lost or confused about where I am going.


Luckily, I made it back to my class on time and the rest of the day went smoothly, including driving back across Atlanta to retrieve my camera and back up North again. No great revelations about today's material, other than I needed some extra grace to get through my day and put all my worries into God's hands. I remember that no matter how well I manage to reign in my emotions or reactions, God can still see the inner agitation or anxiety. And He still loves me.


GOOD NEWS OF THE DAY: Though I may not have all the physical-grace I desire, I assuredly have all the spiritual-grace I will ever need.

1 comment:

Amanda said...

I'm right there with you on the not having physical-grace stuff. Thanks for posting this :)