My blog has moved!

You should be automatically redirected in 6 seconds. If not, visit
http://clickthegoodnews.com
and update your bookmarks.

Thursday, November 15, 2007

CRAPTASTIC CONSTRUCTION


These were taken Sunday November 4th when I'd realized they had laid the re-bar up next to our back fence.




Then I walk outside on Monday November 6th to find they've already poured the concrete.





But to my further horror, I was driving out of town on the very next day when I suddenly realized they had started assembling the walls that day. By the time I came home that night, they had used tilt-wall construction to put up the entire back and most of the side!



I was really depressed as the sun set that night on another gorgeous sunset and I realized I could no longer see it from my backyard!




That weekend I decided to do a little recon mission to see if I could determine if it was going to be a medical office or a hotel.


Saturday November 10th, from the front. I did a little trespassing.....


BOOO!!! I'm really depressed about this whole thing now. Plus they have been starting EARLY! Think pouring concrete at 6am; it doesn't bother me because I am up, but H is NOT happy about it- especially on a Saturday morning.


GOOD NEWS OF THE DAY: Bye-bye 90's- cold front hit Houston this morning!

4 comments:

a real librarian said...

Bummer about that nasty construction!!

Courtney said...

Dude, that sucks!
Someone was recently telling me that Houston has no zoning, so highrises can just suddenly erect rigth in the middle of a residential area - like what's happening to you.
WTH? They need to fix that!!!

Rhonda said...

That sux! Why did they have to go and ruin a perfectly good piece of land....not to mention your view.

Christy said...

That sucks. I'm sorry you no longer can see the sunset from your backyard.