My blog has moved!

You should be automatically redirected in 6 seconds. If not, visit
http://clickthegoodnews.com
and update your bookmarks.

Thursday, November 29, 2007

DAY 15 WITH THE SON

I'm taking the 40 days leading up the Christmas to focus on the life of Jesus and do a mini-reflection and devotion. I'm following along with Liza on her special blog called 40 Days with the Son, based on the Max Lucado book 3:16.

Here is how to join us in reflection of the spirit of this upcoming holiday season.



Today's chapter is entitled When Jesus Gets into Your Boat: "They caught such a large number of fish that their nets began to break." Luke 5:6

The first thing I am inspired to do after reading this passage to to be faithful and obedient. Jesus told the disciples exactly what to do, they were faithful and obedient, and then Jesus blessed them. He desires for us to be obedient because He wants to pour out blessings in our lives and fill up our fishing nets. I'm a very firm believer in the principles that the Bible teaches about money and worldly possessions. Jesus repeatedly instructs us to be obedient with our finances, and goes so far as to challenge us to "Test me" and he promises to open the windows of heaven and pour out blessings (Malachi 3:10). I don't know about you, but I'm doing my best to test God through obedience, waiting with my net wide open and looking toward heaven. I've already been so incredibly blessed, it's hard to imagine how much God will bless my obedience even more.

The devotional goes on to quote the 10th verse, in which Jesus assured Peter that he will become a fisher of men very soon. I think this is a great visual metaphor on how Christians are to evangelize to the world. I often wonder "Who I am to go to people around the world and tell them to believe in the Bible?". Above all, it was Jesus command to do this so that others may know about him. I think that we reach non-believers by showing them something attractive and getting them to move towards us (using humanitarian food aid or other types of social support). This will bring them to Jesus, not by chasing them around beating them over the head with leaflets or tracts. It's a touchy and complicated subject, but I think we as Christians need to revisit this topic and open up a new chapter on evangelism.


GOOD NEWS OF THE DAY: It's sooooooo good to be home with Zoe and my husband!

No comments: