My blog has moved!

You should be automatically redirected in 6 seconds. If not, visit
http://clickthegoodnews.com
and update your bookmarks.

Tuesday, November 6, 2007

SEATTLE FROM THE AIR



So I mentioned the best part of my trip to Seattle was the plane ride home.




The ever-so-thoughtful Continental pilot gave us an up-close tour of Mount Saint Helen.




I've mentioned that I'm totally obsessed with mountains & I was lucky enough to be on the "good" side of the plane, for a spectacular view.




This was in August, so at the peak of summer & most of the winter snow had melted. I assume what was left was glaciers.




The gigantic volcano erupted in May of 1980, when I was just barely a month old.




According to wiki, the volcano continues to be active today.




You can actually apply for a permit and hike this if you dare.


Flying on- there scenary over the mountians and lakes of the Pacific Northwest was awesome.




This was just past Mt. St. Helen & the lush green forest looked so inviting. Hopefully I can go back on day for an in-person tour of the mountain.


GOOD NEWS OF THE DAY: Another cold front is coming to Houston!

2 comments:

Amanda said...

Wow! I can't believe you took those from an airplane!! Beautiful photos!

Christy said...

Cool pics!
Yay--hurry up coldfront.