My blog has moved!

You should be automatically redirected in 6 seconds. If not, visit
http://clickthegoodnews.com
and update your bookmarks.

Saturday, August 18, 2007

TANTALIZING TREE


When I was in Galveston a few weeks ago with Stephanie, I was instantly attracted to this tree. I'm fascinated by trees in general, but this one was spectacular. Here in Texas, we've got lots of Pines and Oaks and those sorts of trees. One of the things I look forward to most when traveling is seeing all the beautiful different trees that we don't have at home. I especially love the mountains and California for their tree diversity.

Now, I have no idea what KIND of tree this is or where it came from, but I'd never seen anything like it and I knew it didn'' *belong* on the Texas Coast. Like some type of magnetic force, I was attracted to this tree- camera in hand. I must have taken about 60 photos!

I loved the brilliant green color, with a tasty array of shades from yellow to dark green. When the coastal winds would blow, I'd be mesmerized by all the tentacles of each branch gently swaying in the wind.

What is this? Are those leaves? Are they needles? I'm utterly baffled by this foreign tree! Each little branch had amazing detail and they were all arranged in such perfect form and alignment.

Here, it kinda reminds me of sea-grass. Look how it sprouts and grows. How it blows in the breeze. I want to go back there now just to take more photos!


Can you tell I REALLY liked this tree? I could have posted another dozen pictures, but I don't want to run off all my readers. Anybody tell me what kinda tree this is or where I can get one for my back yard since I need some new trees?





GOOD NEWS OF THE DAY: Mother Nature is full of awesome things if you take the time to be awed.

1 comment:

Rhonda said...

The next time you are in California you are definately going to have to visit Big Trees....yup that's the name, and it perfectly describes what's there.