My blog has moved!

You should be automatically redirected in 6 seconds. If not, visit
http://clickthegoodnews.com
and update your bookmarks.

Wednesday, August 29, 2007

JUNIOR HIGH



My brother and sister had their first day of school Monday morning, and I was there to capture all the excitement-....er, apathy. I guess they both had such a wonderful summer, they didn't want to go back. I'd hop on the chance to go back to school now!



He's at that age where he HATES having his photo taken. He avoids all eye-contact & buries his face. My brother had the summer of his life so far. No working (at least not too much!). Trip with my Dad to see Yankee stadium. Mission trip with the church youth group to Monterrey, Mexico. Trip to visit his cousin in Atlanta. Week in Galveston with friends and family. New cell phone. Life is as good as it gets for him. His last year of innocence before the big, bad world of High School.


My sister didn't have it too rough either. She's excited and nervous about her first year of Junior High school. With the school year, she will start back to Girl Scouts and her weekly dance classes.


They were too adorable this morning as they kept comparing shoes/clothes/backpacks/anything that mom could have spent more money on the other one. At 12 and in the 6th grade, my sister practically wear the same shoe size as I do! My brother is dropping his clean-cut look and searching for his style more along the punk lines.

My school, waaaaaay back when, was a bit different. I attended 5th & 6th grade at Dean Intermediate school, then went onto 7th & 8th grade at Cook Junior High. This was the only photo I had easily available. Yup- check out that dorky Junior High kid! Swatch watch and all!Oh! Those were the days! What I wouldn't give to be carefree in school, where my only job was to learn.


GOOD NEWS OF THE DAY: Life is great when your biggest worry is about getting a bottom locker.

4 comments:

April Ziegler said...

You probably hear it all the time but your little sister looks just like a mini version of you! =)

Rhonda said...

Too cute! I can't believe that you have siblings younger than all 3 of my kids!

And I love the pic of you in school : )

Courtney said...

ha ha the bottom locker!!
You're such a great older sister!

shelby said...

Ditto April! When I first saw the post I assumed it was a pic of you when you were younger, and I recognized "you" immediately. :)