My blog has moved!

You should be automatically redirected in 6 seconds. If not, visit
http://clickthegoodnews.com
and update your bookmarks.

Wednesday, August 15, 2007

COOKIES


Normally, I don't bake much- mostly because I can see the direct correlation to my waistline. In order to keep my clothes fitting, I try not to go to crazy on the delectable sweets and treats. But I had a good excuse this time- I needed to break in my new fabulous Kitchen Aid Mixer.




Now, I generally would turn up my nose at paying $350+ for something, I'll admittedly use rarely, but listen to this story. Ever the bargain hunter, I heard through some message boards I frequent of a misprint on a Lowe's ad where they were practically giving the mixer away for $150 plus a $30 rebate! I could have chose the pink or mango or maybe melon, but that wouldn't have made the hubby too happy.

So beautiful and clean, so perfect and virginal. Not for long though. I'm messy in the kitchen. If tornadoes could cook, they'd probably make less of a mess than me. My dear husband just watches in awe as I constantly spill, drop, drip and mess over every counter space and all the floor in the kitchen. But I like to subconsciously drop things for Zoe, I try not to cook when she's not around or I'd have to clean the floors myself.

But look at this ewwey-gooey goodness! My mouth is watering just remembering the insulin spike I enjoyed after I ate about half a bowl of the dough.

Oh finally getting to use all those pans and racks and gadgets I received as wedding gifts. Yes, I realize they are supposed to be able to bake directly on the fancy, expensive pans. I like to keep them perfect and clean looking, so I use foil. And there's no clean-up, just garbage.



Bake baby! Bake!!

I got a little too carried away with these guys. I assumed the size of each bite I was putting in my mouth should be as big as each cookie. The bigger the better, right?


Well, this should be the biggest, baddest cookie ever then!



GOOD NEWS OF THE DAY: I run- a lot. Hopefully enough to burn of all those calories.

2 comments:

Just Another Small Town Girl said...

Mmmmm......those look delish!! And it reminds me that I need to break my new mixer in too! =D

Courtney said...

Yumm... I could so go for some of those right now!