My blog has moved!

You should be automatically redirected in 6 seconds. If not, visit
http://clickthegoodnews.com
and update your bookmarks.

Tuesday, August 14, 2007

FLEEING THE COUNTRY


I could now if I wanted. :) Despite rampant rumors of the State Department taking months to process the huge back-log of passport requests, I finally received my old one back and my new fancy-schmancy electronic one with my new super-cool last name. Less than 2 months after kissing my beloved passport & original copy of my birth-certificate good-bye, I received a new one ready to be filled with my great grand adventures.

The new inside is waaaay more hip and interesting. Each page has a very cool background with some cultural American significance and a historic quote from various great Americans. Like the one below from JFK, given at his inauguration, that bears repeating.

"Let every nation know, whether it wishes us well or ill, that we shall pay any price, bear any burden, meet any hardship, support any friend, oppose any foe, in order to assure the survival and the success of liberty. "


Flipping through the old passport bring back such great memories. My first trip requiring a passport was my cruise to Alaska with Gram in 2002 where we entered into Canada. Since then, the passport has battle scars from trips to Ecuador, Italy, Greece, and numerous trips to Mexico.

I greeted my new passport with a gentle smile. Encouraging it to be my friend. "Hey little buddy. We're going to take many great trips together." I didn't want to scare my new passport by telling it how I would likely abuse it from one corner of the Earth to another. "We'll take trips to nice little places like Mexico and the Caribbean." I wasn't sure if my new passport had the courage to head to Brazil or Peru. I was hoping that it would take me to far away lands sights like the Great Wall of China and Victoria Falls. "Just come hang out in my desk for a few months and hopefully we'll get you on the road real soon."

GOOD NEWS OF THE DAY: Life with airplanes is like travel heaven. (The inverse being that my travels would be non-existent with out the great modern invention of airplanes.)

No comments: