My blog has moved!

You should be automatically redirected in 6 seconds. If not, visit
http://clickthegoodnews.com
and update your bookmarks.

Thursday, August 16, 2007

SKY HIGH


I have the lovely privilege of traveling fairly regularly for work. Unlike most people who travel for vacations and despise flying, I actually think it's kinda groovy. I guess if you are on your vacation, you expect sunshine and roses, or at least smiles and drinks. For work, though I know it might be a rough and tumble day at the airport, but that's fine- I'm getting paid for it.


A windmill farm on a lake! How romantic!


One of my favorite things about flying is watching the world go by. I could write many stranger-than-fiction blogs about watching the people go by at the airport. The thing I enjoy most is watching go by is the ground below. I'm absolutely mesmerized as we fly over things. I always look for my house and try to figure out that's Dallas or San Antonio below. Which river is that or who lives in that house in the middle of nowhere. And mountains! I LOVE mountains! Flying by them is the greatest thing ever. I'm totally in love with them. How the sun shines on them and creates spectacular showdowns and the wondrously complex layers of peaks and valleys.


So of course the only thing I can think about when I fly now is grabbing my camera, crossing my fingers & toes the window isn't scratched or iced over. So this is where I spend most of my time on the plane- George Bush Intercontinental Airport in Houston.


Can anybody ID this city?



GOOD NEWS OF THE DAY: Flying high will give you a new perspective on things and it's so much freaking fun!

No comments: