My blog has moved!

You should be automatically redirected in 6 seconds. If not, visit
http://clickthegoodnews.com
and update your bookmarks.

Wednesday, August 8, 2007

EVENING IN ESTES


After I couldn't take the moaning and groaning of my hungry husband any longer, we headed into the town of Estes Park for dinner. I seriously thought he might try to eat my leg when I insisted we pull over so I could capture the beautiful mountain above. Hopefully by the trip he will better understand my hand convulsions when I see something that screams "Photograph me!"


We finally made it to dinner, but only have stumbling around town in a hunger-induced trance, being rejected by several places before we found a nice seat outside. Without food and drink myself for several hours and the pretzels from the hike being a faint memory, I started entering the hungry-woman zombie mode. Just when I thought I would have to eat dinner at a candy store, we stumbled into Local's and enjoyed a great dinner. Well, at least until I pulled the camera out again and began snapping away. This is what my husband looks like when he's about to rip the camera from my happy little hands.




Estes Park is a kitchy, typical mountain tourist town. Fun to walk around all the shops, but would be even better sans other tourist. But the thing that fascinated me most was this great old paddle wheel on the stream that ran though town. Nothing says fun for your camera than this:

After an exhausting day of hiking and frightful driving, we headed back to our AIR-CONDITIONED hotel!!! :)))) I thrilled myself by taking about 200 photos of the sunset. I'll only bore you with one for now.


GOOD NEWS OF THE DAY: If I appear a bit grouchy, just throw some food my way and I'll usually perk right up.

No comments: