My blog has moved!

You should be automatically redirected in 6 seconds. If not, visit
http://clickthegoodnews.com
and update your bookmarks.

Wednesday, May 27, 2009

Year 27

YEAR 27 (April of 2007 to April of 2008)



Of course, my life changed on June 27th when my Nikon D-80 showed up! I'd started playing around with the office camera & taking an interest in photography as a hobby. I needed something to do now that I wasn't planning a wedding anymore. This was my very first photo, of course it's Zoe!



In July, H's mom's fiance passed away. He had a long and difficult struggle with alcohol addiction, and it was tragic to be a part of their lives and not be able to help either of them in a more substantive way. It was a horrific experience that I wouldn't wish upon anybody, but it was also an opportunity for me to see the devastating effects of alcohol abuse and develop a new understanding into this incredibly complex problem.



I took Humberto to my favorite place on Earth- Colorado in July for a mini-road trip.



Several of my friends were joining the blogging world & I started following many, many more blogs thanks to Google Reader. I gave into peer pressure and started a blog in July, mostly to have something to do with all my new photos I was going to be taking with my camera.



That fall, I started volunteering at a local ministry outreach tutoring math GED. I was only able to do this for one semester before I got swamped studying for my own test to pass the engineering licensing exam in April.



Fall of 2007 was H's first really big season & it was insane at his work- lots of late nights and weekends. We did manage to get away to McKinney Falls State Park in Austin in September though.



In January I completed another Houston marathon, and this time H's mom tagged along to help him do "road crew".



February anniversary trip to Brazil & Argentina.



We went to see the future President of the United States, Barack Obama, at a rally in Houston.



Zoe skins problems started in February, and she had 3 Mast cell tumors removed from her right rear leg. Her skin problems continued throughout the summer & eventually led us to think she's developed some type of food allergy.



As part of our ambitions 101 in 1001 Day of Marriage list, we started a garden to grow vegetables in our backyard.


Took the PE Exam in April and officially a licensed engineer in June!



I also wrote and presented a paper at the SAE World Congress in Detroit on my birthday, where H & I took a little weekend getaway to be tourists in Motown.

1 comment:

Delilah and Rocket said...

If you make it back to Detroit for SAE again, drop me a line and we can hook up -- RiverOtters@comcast.net

We'll dow smores on the river at my place and you can meet Rocket & Delilah.