My blog has moved!

You should be automatically redirected in 6 seconds. If not, visit
http://clickthegoodnews.com
and update your bookmarks.

Monday, July 23, 2007

What’s in a Name?

Well, my name is Amanda. But my blog needs a name too. I had a crazy long last name before I was married, and I’m digging me new shortened married name. My husband’s first name is long and Hispanic and causes utter confusion to almost everybody upon introduction. (Future blog on our arguments of very-distant-future children’s names to come.) Grab some popcorn and kickback for my inaugural post…it’s going to be a doozie because I’m stuck on a plane for a few hours.


Blogging is trendy and I resisted as long as I could feel confident that I wasn’t missing out on anything fun and exciting, but I’m ready to leave the land of denial now. Part of my attraction to blogging was the ability to chronicle my life and hope that somebody might find it interesting. I’d always snapped countless photos and kept a meticulous calendar of my mundane life in hopes that having it document would validate my existence somehow. Seems like a blog is the next logical extension of that behavioral disorder. Part of the hold up was that I couldn’t think of a fun or cute or catchy name that would rival all the other great blogs I follow. So after spending a few hours hiking under intense sun at high altitudes, I think I found a name that might suit me and my shenanigans. (Perhaps I should reconsider the creative usefulness of mind-altering conditions).


Back to the name, and this is your first hint that this blog will contain many random ramblings. Clicking is great. I can’t tell you how many times a day I click on the internet and read everything from the silly to the serious. I’ll share some of my favorite internet things with others, including websites, news, blogs, photos and shopping. I also love to click with my camera. I’ve been a point and shot girl since my elementary days and have taken thousands upon thousands of photos of every aspect of my life growing up. I’ve recently discovered the world of “real” cameras thanks to turning into a photo snob during my recent quest for the perfect wedding photographer. I’ll be sharing the good, bad and ugly pictures with my new camera and my (hopefully improving) photoshop skills.


And the good news is…. Well, I hope to bring you good news everyday when you click on my blog. The older I get (and it happens everyday), the more I realize that it’s about perspective and attitude. I have been so blessed by God in more ways than I can begin to count. Obviously the best GOOD NEWS is found in red letters in the best selling book ever, but I‘ll also take the time to occasionally remind you how that impacts my life everyday. I hope to keep the blog upbeat and positive, provide a few laughs along the way and make you remember that attitude is everything. Expect lots of photos, dogs, travel and tales of newlywed life.

Let the fun begin! I'll start sprucing things up around my blog when I don't have 8 bazillion things to do today! ack....


Coming up- Colorado recap, including Breckenridge, Winter Park, Rocky Mountain National Park, Estes Park


P.S. Thanks to all my wonderful friends that inspired me to share my life with them as they share their life with me! *MWAH*

GOOD NEWS OF THE DAY: Everyday you wake up is better than the alternative.

3 comments:

Beach Bum Marcie said...

I LOOOOOOOOOOOOOVE IT :) YAY for jumping on the blogging bandwagon. It won't ever be the same!!

Carmen said...

Great start Amanda!! Miss ya babe, can't wait to read more :) HUGS, Carmen

Sarah Gemba said...

Welcome to blogworld, Amanda!