My blog has moved!

You should be automatically redirected in 6 seconds. If not, visit
http://clickthegoodnews.com
and update your bookmarks.

Wednesday, May 6, 2009

Chicken Enchiladas



I've been wanting to cook (more) (again), but we've been SOOOO busy lately! I've had chicken enchiladas on my radar for months, and finally had the chance to whip them up on Sunday. I started off with this basic recipe & added a few twists, including trying to use l0w-fat ingredients and the can of diced tomatoes & chilies.



Anything that starts with sauteed onions is on the right track.



I put the onions, cream cheese and tomatoes into a mix for the inside.



I just boiled the chicken in water with some taco seasoning for added flavor.



Mix them together......



Load up your tortillas....



Roll them up and place them in a baking dish...



Add the yummy topping (cream of chicken soup, milk & sour cream), plus throw some more onions on top just for good measure...



Top with some cheese & bake in the oven! I think they came out really great, but they were a lot of work for something that's probably not very healthy (even with all the low-fat ingredients). Might be good to make for a dinner party or group, when we won't have left-overs to eat too.

GOOD NEWS OF THE DAY: The Rockets won their first game of the 2nd round play-offs against the Lakers! I wish the games were on early than 9:30 PM, and H has some great seats for the game Friday night.

No comments: