My blog has moved!

You should be automatically redirected in 6 seconds. If not, visit
http://clickthegoodnews.com
and update your bookmarks.

Tuesday, May 5, 2009

Garden Update



We've had our garden in the ground a while now & nothing much is happening. :( We've had crazy weather around here this spring- pretty cool and feet of rain. All of a sudden the asparagus have really taken off and grown tall- is that normal? We had some strawberries when I first planted them, but nothing lately! I wonder if the bugs or a certain Vizsla is getting to them?



We do actually have a few beans on this plant- not sure what I'm going to do with them though :)



I'm most disappointed with the tomatoes. Most of them have not grown an inch since I put them in the ground. I've got a few that have finally taken off growing in the last 2 weeks, but most of them are not doing a stinking thing!



And my biggest surprise is the squash! We didn't have any squash seeds make it last year, so I planted 2 rows & wasn't expecting anything this soon!



The cucumbers (the row on the right), are starting to come in pretty good as well.



We've finally got lots of lemons coming in our lemon tree- no telling how long it will take them to reach full size though.



Such pretty flowers on the cucumbers. I'll put our wire cages in for the cucumbers and squash after we have all the mom's over this weekend to celebrate Mother's Day.

GOOD NEWS OF THE DAY: It's Cinco de Mayo, our friend's birthday & we're going to a surprise party for her at the Melting Pot tonight.

1 comment:

Christy said...

GL with the asparagus! They take 2 seasons to come up.
The squash looks great!
Our garden has been invaded by some sort of bug. :(