My blog has moved!

You should be automatically redirected in 6 seconds. If not, visit
http://clickthegoodnews.com
and update your bookmarks.

Friday, May 15, 2009

Vizsla Play Day



Last weekend we drove down towards Galveston to meet up with other Vizslas for a play day.



Summer is officially here & it is HOT!



They had a lure course set up, which is where these lines are placed out in a course in a large field. Small white bags (lures) are placed on the line, and a motor feeds the line through and moves the lures over the course.



At first, I was nervous to let Zoe try it. I had no idea if she'd chase the lures or wander off in the field somewhere. After watching several other dogs complete and NOT complete the course, I decided to let her try it.



SHE DID AWESOME!! I was so proud of her- she followed the lures all the way around the course. She got slower, and I watched some incredibly fast dogs out there. And I got to check out the 300mm zoom lens- which was super-sweet!



H & I were both shocked and amazed at her natural hunting instincts.



Pointing and ready for some more!



It was so neat to see so many different Vizslas there- all sizes, shapes, ages, colors, temperaments and personalities.

I'm thinking 2 is better than 1! ;)

GOOD NEWS OF THE DAY: H is off to San Antonio (again) today for his national sales conference, so I will be doing some more painting this weekend.

3 comments:

Christy said...

She's so cute!
Are you thinking about getting another Vizsla or just another breed?!

Courtney said...

Uh oh puppy fever!
Would Zoe be happy?

The Oceanside Animals said...

Vizslas are like Lay's Potato Chips ... once you have one, you want more!