My blog has moved!

You should be automatically redirected in 6 seconds. If not, visit
http://clickthegoodnews.com
and update your bookmarks.

Thursday, June 5, 2008

Slow Cooker Pot Roast

I started my cooking challenge with a fairly easy meal that I'd made before. I wanted something simple & I happened to have a roast already in my freezer. I started out by stuffing the meat with a few chops of garlic and covering in salt & pepper.

I threw it in a pan after applying some flour with some olive oil to brown the outside.


Using the super-awesome crock pot liners makes life so easy! I chopped up some onions and made a bed for the pot roast. Next I added a can of Cream of Mushroom soup and a can of Cream of Broccoli soup to make some gravy.

Insert large chunk-o-meat.

Throw in some chopped potatoes and carrots.


Add a package of the Lipton Onion soup mix on top for some extra flavor. Top it all off with even more onion and go!

Cook on high for 4+ hours. We cooked this Sunday while at church, and it needed closer to 5 hours. Next time I might do the 8 hours on low to get the meat extra tender. The meal turned out great, and we had (too many) leftovers for days.

2 (10.75 ounce) cans condensed cream of mushroom soup
1 (1 ounce) package dry onion soup mix
1 1/4 cups water
5 1/2 pounds pot roast
Baby carrots
Onion
Garlic
Flour
Olive Oil
Salt & Pepper


I started out with this recipe and added my own twists.

GOOD NEWS OF THE DAY: 1 meal down, 7 more to go.

2 comments:

Amanda said...

We are using our crock pot more often too. I didn't know about those liners...how cool! Thank you for the tip and the recipe. Mmmm...looks good :)

Delilah and Rocket said...

I have the very same crock pot. This is the first time I've heard about crock pot liners. I'll be looking for those at the grocery store! I just ate lunch but wow now I'm hungry again.

Did Zoe get any gravy on her meal?