My blog has moved!

You should be automatically redirected in 6 seconds. If not, visit
http://clickthegoodnews.com
and update your bookmarks.

Friday, March 14, 2008

Amanda's Awful Houston Tour



So, not only am I an awful tour guide, I'm a bad blogger friend! Amanda came to Houston on a work trip over 2 weeks ago, and we were able to hook up for a Houston mini-tour with drinks and dinner. Since I've been finishing up my South America trip pics, and I've had class every weekend, I've neglected to put together a tour re-cap for Amanda.


Amanda was in town for a conference and was staying at the University of Houston. I was able to grab a few photos while trying to find my way to the hotel. Since I gave the worst tour ever of Houston, didn't stop for any tourist photos and EVEN forgot to take a pic of us together, I thought I'd provide Amanda with a re-cap of her pathetic Houston tour.




Since it was late afternoon, we rushed out to explore the town before the sunset. Our first stop with a mini-drive though of downtown. Only when I came to my senses and realized she lives in New York City, did it down on me she probably wouldn't be too impressed with all our pretty skyscrapers.





But we did get to see Minute Maid Stadium- home of the Houston Astros!


M0ving right along, we headed just east of town and stopped at the fabulous Corkscrew for a drink & to enjoy some of the wonderful Houston winter weather.


Moving right along as the sunset, we drove along the fabulous Buffalo Bayou. Down Memorial Drive through Memorial Park and into uptown Houston.


We drove by the Williams Tower at the Galleria, where H almost proposed to me.



Our last big stop was for some awesome Tex-Mex at the hometown favorite, Ninfas.


It was really great to meet you Amanda & I'm sorry for the lame tour! Houston is really cool & I hope you come back soon (or we can come to NYC!).


GOOD NEWS OF THE DAY: Finally back home from the frozen tundra & don't leave again till Monday.

1 comment:

Amanda said...

Thank you for the wonderful tour!! Well both of them :) I love your photos and I had a great time in Texas :) I had a fun time chatting with you and hope you can make it out to NYC sometime :) Thank you!!!!!!!