My blog has moved!

You should be automatically redirected in 6 seconds. If not, visit
http://clickthegoodnews.com
and update your bookmarks.

Sunday, March 9, 2008

Lantern Fascination



The other absolutly fun photographic thing about Colonia was the lanterns every where in town. Above is the old historic wall, looking out on to the water front.



Even better- trees & lanterns!


I loved capturing the mix of buildings and cultures (see the sushi above?).




There were also very cool tile street names on the cornder of each intersection.




And even sometimes on the brick walls.




We didn't stay until dark, so I'm not sure if they are functional. I'm sure they would be beautiful all lit up at night.




After a while, it became a game for me to find more lanterns. Yes, I'm a total dork like that!




Also, many of them had simple, but elegant lamp posts. Takes me back to a better place and time.....


GOOD NEWS OF THE DAY: Last day of classes! Then study on my own for a month.....bleh!

1 comment:

Liza on Maui said...

I like lanterns - this is fun :)